If your reading this you've probably already received your 50 page syllabus and your still wondering... did you make the right choice signing up for this course? Here are some reason you need to drop the class:
1. You were hoping to have an easy semester. #Freberg17 will be anything but a "fluff" course. You will work hard and you will actually learn things.
2. You only wanted to learn "theoretical" things. The class is loaded with a lot of practical things and get this, actual social media professionals come to speak in the class. (Like they know anything about the real world?) Oh, and you'll work for a real client, doing real work.
3. You don't want anything to show employers when you graduate. Throughout the whole semester you will work on a social media proposal. This is a great thing to add to your portfolio to show future employers.
4. You don't want to learn from the best. Dr. Karen Freberg is legit. She is the best of the best. She is a pioneer when it comes to social media education. You are learning from an all-star.
5. You don't like teamwork. Do the words group project freak you out? You will work with your peers. There will be times where you will have to brain storm, discuss and learn how to work through conflict. These are skills you will need in the work force.
6. You despise writing. This class is full of writing assignments (and you thought this was just a social media class?). You will improve, learn, and grow in your writing.
7. You know it all. If you think you've got social media down because you post a lot then this class isn't for you. Social media is constantly changing and it's important to be a life long learner.
8. You could care less about networking. You're going to rub elbows with some really big people in the social media world in the class. If your too cool for that then run.
9. You don't like to be pushed or stretched. This class is going to challenge you and push you to step outside your comfort zone.
10. You don't like coffee. There's going to be lots of coffee. Enough said.
In all seriousness if you haven't already figured out, this class is going to change your life. It will be the hardest class that you have ever loved. Dr. Freberg is seriously the best when it comes to social media education. Take advantage of every opportunity, stretch yourself, and step outside your comfort zone. I was so disappointed when I found out I wasn't going to be able to make it to to the Freberg Alum panel. I was sad. I'm already seeing great things from #Freberg17. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the proposals.